Our New Normal
After much thought, we are starting this week with a new protocol in our shop. We wanted to set up measures that totally meet the social distancing imperative while recognizing that we may need to function this way for many weeks to come. We need to respond in the best way possible to this very fluid situation, while keeping our customers and ourselves safe. To that end, this is what we have arranged starting tomorrow:
- - For ONE customer (or social unit) to be in the shop at a time. We ask that they look through the window, or open the door to verify
- - For other customers to wait outside, 6 feet apart per the CDC instructions.
- - We no longer have any self-serve items in the shop (caramels, marzipan, lollipops), but are happy to get them for you.
- - Customers will not be able to enjoy their hot chocolate in the shop, or to sit at the counters: we are only doing take-out at this time.
- - We are wiping counters and door handle/outside door area with sanitizing wipes as often as needed. And our samples tray is now kept well away from our customers, but this doesn't change the fact that you get a sample every time you visit. ; )
- - We have eliminated free candy Wednesday for the neighborhood kids until further notice. Kids cannot be in school, so shouldn't congregate at our shop.
- - We encourage customers to order online for pickup, we will refund shipping. Or to have us ship to them via the USPS ($6 to ME addresses).
- - Customers who are picking up can call the shop at (207) 536-0496, so we can bring their order curbside so they don’t have to wait.
- - We are closing one hour earlier, at 6 PM. Our hours are Wednesday to Sunday 1 PM to 6 PM.
And we have also figured out the very best ways for our team to social distance while in production mode. So, yes, this is the new normal, and we will evolve with it as needed. We thank everyone for their patience, and so much appreciate their kind understanding.