Getting your chocolate gift to its destination in perfect condition is THE goal. Our excellent shipping partner is the USPS, now for almost 6 years. But even with their best service, and our careful packing, summer temperatures are our biggest challenge. To deal with it:
- We check the weather forecast at destination and insulate the shipping box and add ice packs as needed. To cover the cost of those extra materials, our summer shipping rates are higher.
- We delay shipping if there is a big heatwave. And advise you of the delay.
- We ship between Monday and Wednesday for 2 or 3 day destinations. But can ship later in the week for Maine destinations, which are often one-day delivery.
- We ask that you tell your recipient a gift is coming and to bring it inside right away. No package, even with insulation/ice packs, will resist hours in the hot sun.
- We no longer make priority mail service available to the 14 states that have the hottest conditions.They are: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
- We resume service with most of the states above in the fall. At that time we also switch to our lower winter rates, which closely follow USPS rates..
But should you need a gift to go to one of those hot spots, we can ship Priority Mail Express 1-Day, also with insulated packaging and ice packs. Get in touch via our contact page so we can provide you a USPS-generated quote. It is however expensive ($40 to $55 for 2 lbs.)