Getting your chocolate gift to its destination in perfect condition is THE goal. Our excellent shipping partner is the USPS, now for 7 years. But even with their best service, and our careful packing, summer temperatures are our biggest challenge. To deal with it:
- Please tell your recipient a gift is coming and to bring it inside right away. No package, even with insulation/ice packs, will resist hours in the hot sun.
- We check the weather forecast at destination and insulate every shipping box and add an ice pack of the needed weight. To cover the cost of those extra materials, our shipping rates are higher May to September. Summer rates are: $13 to Maine, $15 to New England, $16 to the Mid-Atlantic and the Midwest, and $18 to the Western states. We will not ship without those protections.
- We delay shipping if there is a big heatwave. And advise you of the delay.
- We ship between Monday and Wednesday for 2 or 3 day destinations. But can ship later in the week for Maine destinations, which are typically one-day delivery.
- Mail service isn't available between May 10 and September 30 to the 22 destinations that have the hottest conditions. They are: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington,D.C. and West Virginia. We keep assessing the situation in other states and will add them if needed.
- We resume service with the states above October 1. At that time we also switch to our lower winter rates, which closely follow USPS rates.
But should you need a gift to go to one of those hot spots, we can ship Priority Mail Express 1-Day, also with insulated packaging and ice packs. Get in touch via our contact page so we can provide you a quote. It is however expensive (at least $50 for 2 lbs.)